When the world’s most renowned cannabis producer, Somai, recently announced that their Portugal facility had won the highly-esteemed European Union Good Manufacturing Practice (EU-GMP) certification, the news was met with excitement and a sense of pride from professionals within the global cannabis and pharma industries. This certification is no small feat; it is a testament to the commitment of Somai to provide only the highest-quality products from a facility that follows the strictest standards. It is no wonder then, that their facility was given the highest honour by the European Union.
1. Somai Secures EU-GMP Certification for Its Cannabis Production Facility
Somai has hit another milestone in its quest to become a leading producer of medical-grade cannabis products. On February 5th, the company received the highly sought after EU-GMP certification for their production facility located in South Africa.
This certification is a testament to the commitment of the Somai team to developing high-quality products for their international customers. As part of the certification process, the company underwent rigorous testing and detailed inspections to prove that their standard operating procedures are in compliance with Europe’s stringent quality standards.
- Access to European Markets: The EU-GMP certification opens up Somai to the lucrative European market for medical-grade cannabis products. This will allow the company to expand its reach and significantly increase its financial success.
- Industry Credibility: The EU-GMP certification also gives Somai credibility within the industry. It proves that the company is adhering to international standards and provides their customers with the assurance of quality.
2. Portugal Facility Compliant with International Quality Standards
Portugal is the perfect place to manufacture your product. Our facility stands out thanks to its high compliance with international quality standards. Our quality control process is thoroughly developed and put in practice so we can guarantee that each product is of impeccable quality.
At our sophisticated facility we take quality very seriously, so we can fulfill the rigorous needs of our clients. The resources and technologies we use follow the standards set by ISO 9001 and ISO 14000. In addition, the certified personnel who manage and operate our production lines work with strict precision and common sense to maximize the product output.
- Certified personnel
- Advanced technology
- Robust quality control process
- ISO 9001 compliant
- ISO 14000 compliant
3. Expertise and Attention to Quality Focus Sets Somai Apart
At Somai, a company built on the foundation of expertise and quality, clients can be sure they are getting the best the industry has to offer.
- Expertise: Somai stands out thanks to the experience of its team. With a combined experience of over 30 years in the industry, Somai’s team can be trusted to deliver outstanding products and services.
- Attention to Quality: Whether they are dealing with a small or large project, Somai puts the highest level of attention to quality control. They carefully review and analyze each product they bring to the market to ensure the utmost quality.
This approach to expertise and quality control sets Somai apart. Thanks to their highly skilled team and strict adherence to quality, clients get products and services that are guaranteed to work. With a successful track record of more than three decades, it continues to be the best in the business.
4. Moving Towards a Thriving Cannabis Industry in Portugal
Taking Strides in the Cannabis Market
Portugal has made some significant strides in the cannabis industry. Over the last few years, laws have been loosened to allow medical cannabis for therapeutic purposes. This is a vast improvement from when recreational and medical cannabis were banned in Portugal all the way back in 2001.
Today, Portugal allows registered patients to access therapeutic cannabis with the help of a doctor or special clinics. Now, these medical patients can buy specifically formulated medicines and grow restricted amounts of plants. There are even plans to eventually develop a hemp industry, opening the door to plenty of opportunity in the area.
Improving Quality of Life
In addition to enabling medical patients to access cannabis for treatment, Portugal is also taking measures to improve the lives of individuals charged with minor drug offenses. They are placing a much greater emphasis on addiction treatment centers rather than incarceration, which has proven to be a much more successful approach and is saving the government much-needed resources at the same time.
Furthermore, Portugal prioritizes public health over criminal offense, a great precedent for the cannabis industry. In the end, Portugal has been able to open up their market, and the cannabis industry is slowly but surely gaining a foothold.
Somai’s win of EU-GMP certification marks an important milestone for the cannabis industry in Portugal. By demonstrating their dedication to quality and safety, Somai has become a leader in the world of modern cannabis medicine. With a commitment to sustainability at its core, this company has opened a world of possibilities for people seeking the health benefits of this important plant.